A new Council of Europe Strategy for the Rights of the Child was adopted by the Committee of Ministers in early March 2016.The Strategy was officially presented and launched the Conference "Fulfillment of the Rights of the Child" held in Sofia on 5 and 6 April, 2016.
The Strategy is based on four basic principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, and consists of five priority areas:
1. equal opportunities for all children
2. participation of all children
3. a life free from violence for all children,
4. child-friendly justice fro all children
5. rights of the child in the digital environment.
The whole texts of the Strategy of the Council of Europe on the rights of the Child can be found here